http://classicrealmsofadventure.com

The above is now active.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

SATURDAY WRAP-GET THE WEEKEND STARTED RIGHT

Ok, morning to all and it's morning somewhere in the world, time to get your day started with the best around the blogosphere.

First, and thanks to, we have The Realm of Zhu: Female Armour: Grace Duval's Joan of Arc

Wow, this works on so many levels. Check out the full spread on the Tumblr blog.

http://realmofzhu.blogspot.com/2011/12/female-armour-grace-duvals-joan-of-arc.html

And one from yours truly. I am an H.P. Lovecraft fanatic. I have been my whole life. After recently becoming addicted to FFG's ELDER SIGN and going all in on ARKHAM HORROR I decided to convert a blog that had stalled and have been having a blast ever since. I will be adding more HPL influenced material including new (at least they are new to me:) games and custom content during the coming weeks (I was house ruling ELDER SIGN by my third session). I am also building a link list in the right column so if you are a fan drop in and say hey and pay no attention to the tentacles in the hall...remember, it's all in your head.

Darkness over Dunwich

http://darknessoverdunwich.blogspot.com/

Havards Blackmoor Blog: MMRPG Compete Season 1

(from the blog)

All of the episodes of season 1 of the Blackmoor MMRPG have now been uploaded to the Comeback Inn. In addition, you can now also download 5 other MMRPG documents, including the character creation rules and the two first Meta Organizations.


Check out the rest at:

http://blackmoormystara.blogspot.com/2011/12/mmrpg-compete-season-1.html

Thanks to Tenkar for the next one:

Renaissance, a D100 Black Powder RPG

(from Tenkar's post)

Renaissance is a free D100 roleplaying system designed for historical and fantasy gaming in the age of black powder weapons. It features familiar mechanics, grim and gritty combat, extensive period weapons and equipment lists, dozens of professions, and rules for factions and belief systems.

Get all the info at:

http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2011/12/on-14th-day-of-free-holiday-swag-my.html

Akratic Wizardry: Legend (formerly MRQII) News

Thanks to AW for this press release and commentary. It is giving me a new found respect for the company. I just hope this catches on. Read the post and find linkage at:

http://akraticwizardry.blogspot.com/2011/12/legend-formerly-mrqii-news_08.html

The Nine and Thirty Kingdoms: Traps Series

I have been reading this one myself cause one thing I always thought was my weak suit was traps...good ones at least. Here's the link to the index for the series so far:

http://9and30kingdoms.blogspot.com/2011/12/traps-series.html

Another on going series of note is Professor Pope: Mentzer Reflections

(from the prologue)

I grew up with the Mentzer sets, with my mom giving me the red box for Christmas in probably 1986 or 1987. I was in 6th grade and had just discovered Tolkien. The same Christmas break that I unwrapped the Red Box, I was reading The Two Towers, literally begging my mother to buy me Return of the King after the cliffhanger ending of "Frodo was alive, but taken by the enemy." I brought the Red Box back with me after the Christmas break and introduced my friends to the game, beginning with Sean and Michael. The rest is my gaming history.

Read the rest of the series at:

http://professorpope.blogspot.com/search/label/Mentzer

How to Write a Book in Three Days: Lessons from Michael Moorcock

(from the blog)

In the early days of Michael Moorcock's 50-plus-years career, when he was living paycheck-to-paycheck, he wrote a whole slew of action-adventure sword-and-sorcery novels very, very quickly, including his most famous books about the tortured anti-hero Elric. In 1992, he published a collection of interviews conducted by Colin Greenland called Michael Moorcock: Death is No Obstacle, in which he discusses his writing method. In the first chapter, "Six Days to Save the World", he says those early novels were written in about "three to ten days" each, and outlines exactly how one accomplishes such fast writing.

From writing in general to being creator of my favorite anti-hero (Elric) Moorcock shares some methods he uses as a writer. Get the whole story at:

http://www.wetasphalt.com/?q=content/how-write-book-three-days-lessons-michael-moorcock

Ok, get out there and get gaming. Watch for updates and the Wednesday Hump (which for some reason posted on Thursday) and may your day be filled with 20's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRoA Tumblr Feed

CLICK THE FEED LINK ABOVE FOR MORE POSTS