http://classicrealmsofadventure.com

The above is now active.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

TECHNICAL ISSUES-PLEASE STAND BY

Finishing work on my second server rebuild in 2 weeks. This always happens at such opportune times.

Fear not. Tomorrow should see the end of software installation and a resumption of work. I'm as ready to see this beast as you guys are.

Then it's back to FORSAKEN SOULS to take a fresh look and see where things are on that project (it had turned into gibberish I had looked at it so much) and then I think I'll take a week and see what ideas come to me on the layout of the new zine.

I really want this to be an easy access fast information funnel that will offer straight forward material as well as make the connections of topics easy to recognize. Blogs offer that unique ability to reference each other and build off of a common challenge or theme in a fast and free wheeling way. It reminds me of how we used to get together (the 3 DMs of the original group I was involved with) have a cold one and discuss the game on what would now probably be considered a meta-level.

I know there has been a lot of discussion lately about some of the things that have occupied the blogosphere of late and I find a great benefit in these things whether they fire my imagination or just make me chuckle they offer a new way of looking at the issues in gaming that drive it like a great piston across the gaming landscape.

To keep it fresh I'm going to test a few ideas about frequency, length and content. And you good folk will play a large part in that. I will be asking for press releases, emails, anything that forms the basis of announcement or draws my attention to something you have found that seems like a good fit. As always, all feedback is greatly appreciated.

If I could just get back in the position of hiring even one person on as staff - helping the economy a bit :) - I could get so much more accomplished. I hope over the next few months to at least take on an intern (I live in a city with 4 colleges) and then move them into a paying position. So many things that even one extra person could help out with would quadruple my output (ask my wife, she has told enough people I can squeeze $100 worth of good out of a $10 bill :).

Oh well, back to it. Back-ups await.

Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRoA Tumblr Feed

CLICK THE FEED LINK ABOVE FOR MORE POSTS