http://classicrealmsofadventure.com

The above is now active.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Just The One

So this time I'm just posting the update here. I hope that by the time I'm posting again it will be on the website. It's just been one of those summers.

But a lot of good things have happened as well. My return to wargaming has been a bumpy one but I must say I have truly missed it and am involved in several related projects including reconstruction/ restoration of several classic SPI magazine games and look forward to playing a couple I never thought I would see (like Operation: Olympic-the planned invasion of Japan at the end of WWII had the bombs not been used).

Currently waiting on delivery of a back up external hard drive to arrive so I can begin to sort through all the material I have gathered for the first editions of Classic Realms of Adventure and Darkness over Dunwich. With Kickstarter getting a lot of attention I am still considering using that for the launch and backing it up with a Youtube channel on gaming to help promote them.

Having been a wargamer far longer than an RPG player it has been good revisiting items from that period of my life. As I told someone the other day 'you know how certain things, like the smell of fresh baked cookies, can invoke a flashback in your life?...well, that's what returning to wargaming has felt like to me'. Having become addicted to them at the age of 9 I have always loved the hex and counter games of that golden age in wargaming (from the late '60s through the mid '80s) when, for the cost of a magazine, you could play a new game. I didn't realize that all my favorites were designed by Jim Dunnigan until recently. Learn something new everyday.

It seems that the shipping demons have attacked all my inbound packages and here I am ready to crank things up. GOGOGO!

Ok, more coffee...good gaming all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CRoA Tumblr Feed

CLICK THE FEED LINK ABOVE FOR MORE POSTS